Open until filled
The Bus Repair "A" must have a thorough knowledge of all components of vehicles and their proper function, and be able to diagnose problems and effect the repair to completion in a timely, safe manner. The primary duties will include, but not be limited to:
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Independently diagnoses and repairs all defects on vehicles under the supervision of a Mechanical Foreman.
- Able to work independently on the change, repair and adjustment of components or systems, such as inframe overhaul and heavy-duty unit removal and/or installation and associated electrical work, capable of using testing equipment or specialized tools.
- Required to complete an assigned job.
- Road testing of vehicles, as required.
- Assist in work direction Bus Repair "B" mechanics as assigned.
- Perform the duties of a T-Truck/Wrecker operator as assigned.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Completes all required reports and records in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Three and one-half (3-1/2) years mechanical repair experience on heavy duty equipment. Five (5) years automotive mechanicalexperience, including at least six (6) months of heavy duty mechanical repair experience.
- Valid Commercial Drivers Licenses and the ability to drive all commercial vehicles. Good communication (verbal/written) skills.
- Able to complete/fill-out reports, forms and records. Full set of hand tools. Able to maintain or obtain certifications or licensing as required.
- A Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check is required prior to the placement of any individual in a position that requires the operation of a customer vehicle
The Disqualifying Criteria is as follows
- Invalid, suspended, or revoked driver's license
- Conviction of driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI) within the preceding three (3) years- 2 or more DUI or DWI convictions with no time limit.
- Any accumulation of suspensions of over 1 year in length within the last 3 years
Please email resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to Human Resources at (631)